Thursday, January 18, 2024

Mrs. Durst- The Gift of Time

The Monday before the holiday break. 

The wind howls and the rain comes down.

Why isn't it snowing to have the day off? So much to do before the break.


A call comes in, an hour later than usual. Ok, we have a 2-hour delay!

I get a batch of cookies baked.

An hour later another call from Simsbury Public Schools.

Could it be possible?!!

"Due to the weather and power outages,

school will be canceled today- December 18, 2023.

Enjoy the day and stay safe."


I jumped up and down, clapped, and yelled "Yayyy!"

Then I baked another batch of cookies.


What a wonderful gift. The unexpected gift of time.

1 comment:

  1. Snow days truly are a gift! Your excitement is clear throughout the piece and I could feel the anticipation with you!!

    ReplyDelete

Mrs. Flaherty- Where's My Slice?

Write? You want me to write something? But I’m a math teacher! I mean…I used to teach writing, but that was so long ago! Do I even remember ...